If you’re ready to take on a fresh challenge, grow your career and contribute to making the world a safer place, Raytheon is ready to help you achieve your goals. Join our team and get the opportunity and support to find purpose, thrive and succeed.
Raytheon is looking for a Specialty Engineer to join our Specialty Engineering team. The Specialty Team is looking for candidates with experience in any one of the Specialty areas:
• Reliability, Maintainability, and Availability (RMA) Engineering
• Systems Safety Engineering
• Human Factors Engineering
As a member of the team, expect a dynamic and demanding environment that values discipline, adherence to processes, and adding value to our customers through our respective disciplines.
Specialty Engineering is part of Systems Engineering that complements the technical activities required to deliver a project. It deals with engineering that influence the systems’ design and architecture in terms of performance, safety, usability, reliability, maintainability, availability, supportability, testability, and cost consideration throughout the lifecycle of the product. Specialty Engineering applies methods, standards, and techniques to provide clarification of system requirements to software, hardware, and test personnel to ensure design and architecture considerations are appropriately allocated to the system and horizontally integrated across the development teams. The Specialty Engineering function supports systems engineering activities including trade studies, use case development, requirements definition and derivation, interface definition, and requirement validation and verification. As such, all Specialty Engineers interface with the other Specialty disciplines and logistics engineering functions to ensure integration and continuity in the design and development process.
This position will support the preliminary and detailed design phases for programs within the Raytheon IIS portfolio that include the following businesses; Cyber Security and Special Missions, Global Intelligence Solutions, Mission Support and Modernization, Navigation and Environmental Solutions, and Transportation and Support Services. This position serves as a member of the Raytheon IIS Specialty Engineering Team and supports various programs within a matrix management assignment as directed. Deliverables include, but not limited to, program plans, technical reports, schedules, basis of estimates for new pursuits, and analyses as required to substantiate architectural/design decisions and trade studies.
Clearance Requirement: Must be a US Citizens with the ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret to TS/SCI clearance as needed.
Required Experience, Knowledge and/or Skills:
Desired Experience, Knowledge and/or Skills:
- Minimum 8+ years of related work experience
- Experience in one or more of the relevant Specialty areas:
- Performing FMECA in accordance with MIL-STD-1629 or equivalent industry standards or practices
- Coordinating Human Systems Working Group (HSIWG), developing HSIWG charters, and presenting technical briefings to the external customer and Management
- Developing HSI/HFE Program Plans (HEPP), Human Engineering Analysis and Assessment Report(s) (HESAR), Human Engineering Design Approach Document(s) (HEDAD-O/M), Human Engineering Test Plan(s), etc., policies, planning, trade studies, and checklists, conducting design reviews and change requests per MIL-STD-46855a
- Practical application of RMA engineering, design, and management practices in accordance with MIL-HDBK-338, MIL-STD-1543, MIL-STD-189, MIL-STD-781, MIL-STD-785, or equivalent industry standards or practices as well as FMECA IAW MIL-STD-2155 or equivalent
- Extensive experience with User Interface design and usability engineering concepts
- Experience working in a development or operation of Unmanned Command and Control systems and/or Satellite Ground Systems
- Strong understanding of the engineering development life cycle (Hardware, Software and Systems Engineering)
- Experience in requirements development/derivation/management
- Experience providing guidance by conducting analysis, demonstration, test, inspection, review engineering drawings, certification, or simulation that compares the design data gathered in the contract requirements
- Experience providing technical leadership to the engineering team throughout the entire product life cycle
- Experience with preparing proposals and Gates to ensure technical and execution feasibility
- Demonstrated high-quality, timely analysis, including impact, root-cause and corrective action
- Incorporate active and insightful risk and opportunity management experience
- Demonstrated effective use of measurement and analysis techniques, including statistical functional trends and predictive models, to drive corrective action as required to ensure IPT goals will be achieved
- Demonstrated ability to understand technical details of efforts underway, to summarize key concerns and follow through with development of action plans to correct or satisfy problem areas
- Demonstrate timely and effective communication of scope of work to enable functions to staff the IPT
- Understanding of software development lifecycle models and program lifecycle modes
- Experience using tools and metrics to manage development activity
- Experience collecting, organizing, and preparing technical data/documents for ease of access and review
- Software System Architecture Process and Methodology experience with ability to identify and apply modern architectural patterns across the segment
- Experience in Requirements development/derivation/management
- Experience with CONOPS and Use Case development and analysis
- Experience with Ground Systems Operations (Planning, Scheduling, Orbit Operations, Command & Control, Ground Status) for Unmanned, Manned, and Satellite systems
- Experience conducting trade studies
B.S./B.A. in Aerospace Engineering, Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Math and minimum of 8 years of prior relevant experience
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.