The Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) Systems Engineering, Integration & Test (SEIT) Electronic Warfare (EW) Electronic Protect Systems Department has an immediate career opportunity for an experienced Test Director (LeadSystem Integration & Test Engineer) at Pt. Mugu, CA. We’re looking for someone who is committed and passionate about creating innovative and cost-effective EW Systems Integration, Verification & Validation (IV&V) solutions to support the EWS business area relating to Electronic Support and Electronic Attack capability development.
The Raytheon SAS EW organization is accountable for IV&V test designs, and develops unique solutions for assessing EW system performance. We performstest definition, design, development, integration and build of EW equipment and related Test and Evaluation Strategies, including and the corresponding planning and execution of detailed IV&V plans for Raytheon’s SAS business unit. SEIT EW solutions can include models, simulations and special test equipment designed specifically to stimulate, interrogate and instrument our EW Systems.
EWS at Raytheon – Products line; News; Videos:
This position will require the selected candidate to apply Electronic Warfare principles and Electronic Support concepts in support of cohesive and compliant technical baselines. This position will require operating within a lab environment with peers resolving technical issues or implementing advanced capabilities.
Become a part of a growing department with 100+ engineers supporting two mission areas across five national locations. Continue to advance in your career with our established career roadmap where you can function as a key individual contributor or technical lead of one of our products. With over 50 active programs, there are multiple opportunities for hands-on integration and test of our products, design and development of subsystem architectures and algorithm development of EW capabilities in signal identification and technique generation.Required Skills:
- Generation of technical material for submission and/or briefing to senior engineering and program leadership and customers
- Technical leadership and guidance of multi-disciplined teams in RF modules and subsystems integration, test and verification
- Contributing to the generation of technical volumes and producing cost estimation for business pursuits
- Execution of testing for subsystems in various laboratory or field environments
- Interfacing with supplier/vendors providing module requirements/specification to support subsystem designs, integration and verification
- Occasional domestic travel to support test activities, supplier visits and/or customer meetings
- Minimum 10 years in RF development/research and production for defense applications
- Strong Knowledge of RF/Microwave principles and system and subsystem-level analysis methodologies
- Strong verbal communication skills with ability to present data and explain results to management & customers
- Familiarity using RF/Microwave test equipment such as a Network Analyzer with calibrations kits, Spectrum Analyzer, Signal Generator, RF Power Meter, Oscilloscope
- Familiarity of the following RF/Microwave concepts & terminology: dB, dBc, dBi, dBm, Bandwidth, EIRP, G/T, Gain, Gain Compression, Gain Flatness, Intermodulation Products, Isolation, Noise Figure, Phase & Amplitude Settling, Phase Noise, Return Loss, Spurious, Third Order Intercept, and VSWR
- Prior leadership experience with cross product teams in a complex multiple stakeholder environment
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with Active (or active within past 24 months) DoD Secret Clearance
- Requires experience with software test document preparation and/or revision; Radar/EW Special Test Equipment; Microsoft Project scheduling; and with security requirements related to government testing.
- Occasional business travel is required.
- Experience interfacing, communicating and presenting to project and program management
- Experience in proposal development and cost estimation
- Familiarity with Digital Design
- Working knowledge of software/firmware development embedded on target hardware
- Experience in EW/RF/Microwave Systems design and development
- Familiarity with requirements management tool such as Dynamic Object-Oriented Requirements System (DOORS)
- Experience in programming with MATLAB/Simulink
- Active DoD Top Secret clearance with investigation within five years
Required Education: Bachelor’s degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline.
Desired Education: Master’s / Ph.D degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM).
This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.