KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Performs full range of procurement and administration activities associated with subcontracting work. Incumbent will be responsible for administering a full range of subcontract types and sizes from Time and Materials, Cost Plus and Firm Fixed Price, up to any dollar threshold. Under general supervision, solves complex problems requiring detailed knowledge of field and industry best practices. Uses experience and problem solving skills to develop and improve processes. Responsible for daily operation requirements and work flow of numerous government and commercial subcontracts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and prepare solicitation documents (Request for Proposal, Request for Quote, and Invitational Bid).
- Review subcontract activities at pre-solicitation and award phase for risk and compliance assessment.
- Negotiate price, contract specifications, delivery dates, incentives and other terms and conditions.
- Implement FAR, DFAR requirements as related to procurement.
- Prepare documentation summary and cost/price analysis.
- Prepare source selection statements and other required file documentation.
- Protect the company’s interest and ensure compliance with company policies, legal and regulatory requirements.
- Review and administer subcontracts to ensure satisfactory progress and compliance with terms and conditions of the subcontract, and to identify problems that threaten contractor performance; collect end-user feedback and identify areas requiring improvements or corrective action; recommend actions when subcontractor is not in compliance with subcontract clauses and provisions, or issue corrective action plan as required
- Manages modifications and change orders in support of customer demands and all other aspects of day-to-day subcontract administration
- Participate in bid and proposal activities to include but not limited to data calls, cost proposals, and pricing activities (including price negotiation) in conjunction with multiple departments
- Analyze and independently resolve or coordinate resolution of technical and administrative problems involving subcontracts.
- Regular interaction with finance, accounting, business development and senior management
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance, or a related field with a minimum of 5 - 8 years of experience in subcontracts administration working for a federal contractor, or 13 years of relevant work experience in lieu of a degree.
- Must have good understanding of FAR regulations and how they relate to subcontract management as well as experience managing various types of subcontracts including IDIQ, CPAF, CPFF, T&M, and FFP.
- Must be organized, detail oriented and demonstrate strong time management skills and be able to coordinate and prioritize multiple projects with limited supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and be able to adapt to changing work efforts and manage shifting priorities.
- Must be able to develop and maintain professional relationships with peers, vendors and customers, and contribute to a professional work environment by demonstrating integrity, teamwork and a positive attitude.
Top Secret Clearance required.
Job: Procurement & Materials Management
Primary Location: US-Virginia
Req ID: 1080418