The Patriot Intermediate Maintenance Technical Instructor/Writer is responsible for researching subject-specific data, including engineering data, design specifications, Software Investigation Reports and Missile Command Continuation Group reports. Performs relevant actions to prepare the data for input to lesson plans, and writes the lesson plans for later instruction. During the development phase, the writer works with Raytheon engineers and customer representatives to apply appropriate instructional design principles. As an instructor, the individual is responsible for the conduct of the course, including examinations.
The Intermediate Maintenance Technical Instructor/Writer will provide Intermediate Maintenance Patriot instruction to U.S. and Foreign customers. During course preparation, he/she will interface with engineers and other technical personnel to perform critical training task analysis, and validation of documentation. This position is located in Lawton, Oklahoma. This position may require 50-60% travel.
- 3+ years of Maintenance on Radar systems and controlling shelters or elements.
- Must have completed one of the following US Military Occupational Specialty (MOS) training courses: Army Patriot Intermediate Maintenance Technician (94S/27X/948S).
- The individual must have knowledge in Radar maintenance, propagation, and theory. This should include Basic Electronics, and troubleshooting.
- Must have experience using Windows Computer operating systems as well as the Microsoft Office suite of computer applications.
- Must currently have and maintain a Secret Level Security Clearance.
- Must have ABIC/ITC certification and at least 1 year instruction experience
Required Education (including Major):
- Experience as an instructor of the Patriot System.
- Experience writing and developing training lesson plans.
- Knowledgeable with ICC and Fire Unit maintenance.
- Knowledgeable with understanding of radar propagation theory, electronic schematics, signal flow and software diagnostic routines.
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a business or technical field and 2 years of relevant experience OR -an Associate’s degree in a business or technical field with 6 years relevant experience OR -at least 10 years relevant experience with no Degree.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.