SAIC is seeking candidates to support the United States Special Operations Command (USSOCOM) Special Operations Forces (SOF) Enterprise Data Science Team (DST). The SOF DST team will support the Special Operations Command, Research, Analysis, and Threat Evaluation System (SOCRATES) Program of Record within the SOF Acquisition Technology and Logistics (AT&L) Program Executive Officer (PEO) – Command, Control, Commination, and Computes (C4). The DST team will primarily focus on supporting ongoing data analytics efforts within the J2 (Intelligence) and J8 (Force Structure, Resources, and Assessment) Directorates. In addition, the DST team will also engage with the USSOCOM Chief Data Officer (CDO) Knowledge Management (KM) team and the USSOCOM J6/Chief Information Officer (CIO) via the respective Technical Contracting Officer Representatives (TCORs) from the J8 and J2. DST personnel/analysts will vary in skill sets ranging from a Data Scientists to Data Integrators and will provide advanced analytical knowledge of data; be capable of conducting big data analysis; data conditioning; programming advanced computing; developing algorithms, developing software and data models; executing predictive analytics; and utilizing visualization tools to take advantage of the growing volume of available information.
Formulate and take part in guided, multifaceted analytic studies against large volumes of data. Data Scientists will perform the following:
• Interpret and analyze data using exploratory mathematic and statistical techniques based on the scientific method.
• Coordinate research and analytic activities utilizing various data points (unstructured and structured) and employ programming to clean, massage, and organize the data
• Experiment against data points, provide information based on experiment results and provide previously undiscovered solutions to command data challenges.
• Lead all data experiments tasked by the DST Team OIC
• Coordinate with Data Engineers to build Data environments providing data identified by Data Analysts, Data Integrators, Knowledge Managers, and Intel Analysts.
Education and Experience:
• Master’s degree or Bachelors degree in Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Computer Science, or related fields. Proficient with one or more programming languages (Java, C++, Python, R, etc.).
• Bachelors and two (2) years or more experience; Masters and 0 years related experience.
• Demonstrated experience applying data science methods to real-world data problems.
• Current DoD Top Secret clearance and eligible for SCI access and ACCM read-on.