AFO Manufacturing Engineering Manager
Job ID: 486192BR
Date posted: Jun. 12, 2019
Description:This position is the central focal point for providing leadership and managing all aspects of the Connecticut Manufacturing Engineering organization. This includes all Manufacturing Engineering required to support final assembly and hangar operations.
The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the safety, quality, cost, and delivery of military aircraft. Must be able to ensure accurate and thorough communications with key internal customers and employees.
Please identify "basic qualifications" and "desired" skills for this position. The skills listed below will be displayed to all job seekers on the web. They will help you make and justify a selection decision. Recruiters will also use these skills to prepare search criteria when sourcing resumes. Basic qualifications are those that the candidate must absolutely possess in order to be selected for the position, and Desired Skills are those skills that would set a candidate apart from the others.
• Be able to manage multiple priorities and be flexible
Strong influencing skills
• Must be able to lead a team and manage/resolve employee conflict
• Good at following and creating procedures
• Strong Lean manufacturing / process improvement experience
• Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills for use at all levels of the organization and minimum of 2 year engineering degree with 25 years of engineering experience in Assembly and Flight Operations assembly experience at Sikorsky Aircraft
• Resolve technical engineering issues on all aircraft within CAFO
• Manage a department of both Sikorsky and contractor Engineers
• Manage employee development; must be able to develop employees skills and prepare them for future job assignments
• Manage direct and indirect budgets
• Provide technical support to Manufacturing and Quality
• Create and coordinate planning, and budgeting across all CAFO aircraft models
• Formulate strategic and tactical plans to enable the center to meet or exceed the goals and objectives of the company
• Planning includes: manpower and staffing, budgets, capital, and general and administrative planning
• Utilize data to depict trends, and make forecasts, create presentations which depict data and information in a clear and concise format for executive level viewing
• Maintain CAFO/FAFO Manufacturing Engineering as a world class organization
• Utilize ACE Tools to close the gaps between actual results and goals and strive towards continuous process improvement, waste elimination, and problem solving and decision making
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS6500 RMS
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Mechanical Engineering
Clearance Level: None
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: TEMPO: 9X80A - Standard Fri to Fri (Flex & Rigid)