Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
ManTech is seeking Top Talent as a Launch Vehicle Product Assurance Quality Engineer for our Air Force and Space Division. ManTech’s Air Force and Space Division supports a contract that provides “cradle to grave” support to the United States Air Force Space and Missile Systems Center (SMC) Launch Systems Enterprise Directorate’s – National Security Space Launch (NSSL).
We assist the Air Force by supporting a multitude of areas, including Systems Engineering & Integration, Acquisition & Program Management Support, Mission Integration Management, System Safety & Environmental Engineering, Systems Security & Information Assurance, Launch Schedule and Risk Management, Certification of New Entrant Launch Vehicles.
Clearance: Must have an active Secret Clearance
Location: El Segundo, CA
The Launch Vehicle Product Assurance Quality Engineer will:
- Coordinate and perform launch vehicle flight hardware pedigree reviews
- Review, analyze SMC LV design, manufacturing, test, data analysis tools, and flight data.
- Review, analyze SMC Launch service contracts and acquisition processes for product assurance and hardware pedigree requirements.
- Report assessment and evaluation results to hardware pedigree review managers and customer representatives.
- Produce general and detailed quality process assessments of Launch Providers’ manufacturing, production, assembly and test operations, pedigree and hardware acceptance reviews, and other functions as required.
- Support the Government Quality Team with evaluation of process requirements changes, provider/supplier quality certification status, and trend assessments of quality metrics.
- Help maintain and provide Customer hardware pedigree review training.
- Assist in scheduling supplier site visits and mentor quality team members on emerging issues within the Launch Enterprise.
- Notify Customer actions needed to maintain Provider Quality Certification standards.
- Capture and document Best Practices in Customer formats, such as Process Guides, Performance Work Statements, Guidebooks, Operating Instructions, Plans, Policies, Procedures, Regulations, etc. Provide technical and engineering inputs to related documents produced by others.
- Perform technical analyses of systems engineering products such as Requirements, Preliminary and Critical Design Reviews, Test Plans, Test Procedures, Test Reports, Systems Engineering Master Plans, Contract Data Requirements List (CDRL) submittals, and others as required.
- Collaborate with Aerospace Corporation, Launch Vehicle Contractors, Launch Sites, and factories.
- Work with launch service providers to schedule and track manufacturing and quality audits to be performed during launch vehicle certification periods.
- Draft and submit pedigree review and quality engineering products which include but are not limited to: data tables, audit checklists, Chief Engineer Engineering Review Board (ChERB) presentations, other quality engineering presentations and report status to the customer.
Other Job Requirements: Initiative, sound judgment, effective decision-making, successful collaboration with multiple agencies and personnel, excellent oral and written communication skills. Demonstrated competency in Microsoft tools including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and Information Technology (IT) systems and SharePoint-type databases. Demonstrated ability to resolve quality issues effectively.
- Active Secret Clearance.
- Bachelor of Science (BS) Degree in Science, Engineering, Space Systems, Science or Management is required - preferably, a Master of Science (MS) Degree.
- 4 years minimum experience involving producibility or manufacture of complex products, application of modern quality principles and methods including: quality management system standards, product and process controls, measurement and test, audits, statistical applications, corrective and preventive actions, and lean manufacturing including: product design, process design, producibility, process qualification/validation, and product design requirements flow down to manufacturing.
- Degree, certification, or proven experience in quality engineering, manufacturing and production programs.
- Experience with Delta, Atlas, Falcon (or similar) launch vehicle programs highly desired.
- Ability to data-mine designs, drawings, processes, procedures, to produce quality assessments.
- Ability to work across multi-disciplinary teams of DOD, USAF, NASA, NRO, and Contractor personnel.
- Proven ability to work independently without significant oversight and direction and produce on time.
- Willingness and ability to respond to leadership requests and back up colleagues as required.
- Ability to work proactively and responsively, identify and address customer concerns rapidly.
- Ability and willingness to provide Customers and colleagues accepted mentoring on people, processes, and parts, company processes, launch operations, engineering common sense, careers, etc.
- Strong communication and auditing skills, team participator, including resolving conflict.
- Ability to write clear, concise, structured Weekly Activity Reports (WAR) on projects, progress, path forward, and include risk assessments and actionable recommendations.
- Ability and willingness to flex work schedules as required or work from remote locations.
- Strong work ethic, flexibility and attention to detail.
- Examples of previous work and Personal References highly desired.
Travel: Frequent travel required to LAAFB. Occasional travel to Launch Providers, Suppliers, VAFB, CCAFS, other sites.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click email@example.com and provide your name and contact information.