Role and Responsibilities:
Prospective candidate will be able to research, develop, and/or update content for printed manuals, Contract Data Requirements Lists (CDRLs), I-types, and documents supporting technical procedures using software such as Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat Pro, Arbortext, and/or FrameMaker to complete program requirements. Demonstrated proficiency in the following areas:
- Write, organize, enter, and compile system documentation to support the needs of the PM Office.
- Prepare and maintain technical documentation and publications relating to users, systems, processes, work flows, operations, products, and services.
- Gather and research technical information, including engineering and development information, for use in documentation activities.
- Interacts with Subject Matter Experts, Instructional Designers, and Programmers as part of a courseware production team.
- Prepare written documents following standard guideline for Army technical publications; coordinate layout and organization of documentation.
- Review, edit, and proofread materials written by others, provides suggested revision.
- Attend technical manual reviews and verifications and document procedures and processes.
- Exercises safe, mature, discretionary handling of GFE materials, sensitive materials (documents and equipment), and any GFI for training.
- Analyzes requirements, develops source material, consults engineering and technical staff and works with editors, illustrators and the like in preparing a draft using software such as Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat Pro, Arbortext, and/or FrameMaker authoring software.
- Writes technical documents such as procedure manuals, service manuals, and related technical publications concerned with installation, operation, and maintenance of electronic, electrical, mechanical, and other equipment.Includes operational specifications, bulletins, articles, service manuals, and marketing publications.
- Acquires or verifies knowledge of subject by interviewing workers engaged in developing new products and services or in making improvements, observing performance of experiments and methods of production, referring to blueprints, sketches, engineering drawings and notes, trade and engineering journals, rewrites of articles, bulletins, manuals, or similar publications.
- Plans and prepares the technical data for major publication projects.Supports technical documentation compiling, writing/editing and/or coordinating.Performs all other duties as assigned.Works with limited supervision.
- May resolve complex problems with limited or no assistance.Provides guidance and direction in the areas of quality, graphics, coverage, format and style.May provide work leadership for lower level employees.
- Demonstrates advanced personal computer skills. Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills at all levels of the organization. Ability to write in clear, concise format.
Must have at least 4 years of experience using Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat Pro, Arbortext, and/or FrameMaker to create documents for XML authoring, development, and collaboration for technical manual development.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in English, Journalism, Technology or related field, with at least 8 years of related experience. In lieu of formal education, 12 years of progressive related experience. Specific contract requirements regarding education and experience will prevail.
- Candidates must be a U.S. Citizen
Must demonstrate keen judgment and following standard guidelines when creating or updating technical data files. Excellent editing skills, ability to independently develop solutions to a variety of problems of varying scope and complexity, and oversee PC databases as required.
Written Communication - The selected applicant should write clearly and informatively. The selected applicant may edit work for spelling and grammar and use varies writing style to meet needs. The selected applicant may present numerical data effectively and should be able to read and interpret written information.
Teamwork - The selected applicant should be able to balance teams and individual responsibilities and exhibit objectivity and openness to others' views. The selected applicant should be able to give and welcome feedback and contribute to building a positive team spirit. The selected applicant should put the success of team above own interests and focus on the teams commitments to goals and objectives. The selected applicant should be familiar with Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Suite software, and XML development authoring applications.
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job: Logistics Engineering
Primary Location: US-US-MI-Warren
Req ID: 1084520