Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services (IIS) Training and Logistics Services Technical Services (T&LS) is looking for a Senior Technical Writer/Editor to develop technical documentation. Work to be performed in their Colorado Springs facility.
T&LS provides the technical manuals and training required by customers to effectively and affordably operate and maintain their equipment. Our large staff of qualified author/instructors consists of both degreed engineers and service-trained technicians. Working together with the design community, they provide practical, cost-effective, and high-quality products and services covering a wide range of equipment and all maintenance levels.
As a Senior Technical Writer/Editor and important member of a customer-driven team, you must be able to interpret electrical and mechanical drawings for use in the development of maintenance and repair procedures utilizing designated test equipment and tools. You must also be able to interpret software design documentation for use in the development of software operating and maintenance procedures. You will be expected to prepare structured documentation—including technical manuals, illustrated parts breakdowns, technical bulletins, and other technical data—aligned with customer-provided standards and requirements; participate in customer reviews, validations and verifications; and be willing to travel (10%). You must be a self-starter, team orientated, and able to interact with other team members as well as engineering and logistics specialists to prepare technical publications and work to deadlines.
- Quick learner, self-learner
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong team player—able to work well in a team environment
- Excellent communications and customer interface skills
- Strong English communication skills, and, in particular, strong writing skills
- Exceptional proof-reading skills
- Experience working with USAF Technical Orders and associated military specifications
- Experience developing USAF Technical Orders and USAF Technical Order source data
- Knowledge of MIL-STD-38784, MIL-DTL-38807, TO 00-5-1, -3 and -18
- 4 years experience developing technical documentation for military specifications and requirements
- Technical background—ability to write about technical systems and read schematics; ability to interpret engineering data to determine impact on technical documentation; willingness to be hands-on with hardware and software
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to obtain and/or maintain a US Secret Security Clearance.
- Strong background in Microsoft Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel), including advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word
- Strong background in Adobe FrameMaker
- Strong background in Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Strong background in use of Adobe Illustrator for technical drawings
Required Education (including Major):
Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of experience and training.
Raytheon is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization. 146456BR 146456
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.