Colorado Springs, CO
RaytheonIntelligence,InformationandServices(IIS)is seekinga MessageDistributionCenter(MDC)ComputerOperatorto join our team in support of theU.S.AirForceNorthAmericanAerospaceDefenseCommand(NORAD)CheyenneMountainComplexIntegratedTacticalWarning/AttackAssessment(NCMC-ITW/AA)SustainedSupportContract(NISSC).
NISSCwillprovideaccurate,timely,andunambiguouswarningandattackassessmentof Air,Missile,andSpacethreatswithdailyvisibilityof NationalCommandAuthorityleadersincludingthePresidentoftheUnitedStates.
Thispositionis consideredMissionEssential.Youmust bepreparedforandbe able to reporttoworkandremainonsiteforextendedperiodsoftimeduringemergenciesanddrills. Duringsuchperiods,you may be unabletomaintaincontactwithanyoneoutsidethesite,includingfamilyandfriends.You mustsign a letter of commitmentacknowledgingandagreeingtothisrequirement.Required skills:
- Manualhandling,reviewingandeditingmessages,turningon/offinterceptsandequipment,andrecallingmessages,aswellasmonitoringsystemstomaintaincontinuoussystemavailability,andperformlog analysis,errordetection,faultcorrection,backupsandarchive;performstartup,rebootsandshutdownof thesystems.
- Basic knowledge of and experience with Department of Defense and/or U.S. Air Force messaging and messaging systems
- Broad, deep, professional customer service orientation and demeanor
- Broad understanding of client peripherals including KVMs, card readers, monitors, blades, and printers
- Willing to receive training and MDC crew qualification within achieve
- Experience handling and protecting highly classified information, data, and systems
- Able to work flexible shifts and days as required, including weekends and holidays
- Able to work efficiently alongside peers and leaders in a team environment
- Able and willing to quickly respond to customer direction and requests
- Must possess an active DoD TS/SCI clearance from Day One and be able to maintain it.
- Knowledge of cryptographic equipment/material handling and use desirable
- Be prepared for and be able to report to work and remainon site for extended periods of time during emergencies anddrills. During such periods, you may be unable to maintaincontact with anyone outside the site, including family andfriends.
Required Education:MinimumHighSchoolDiplomaor GED& 2yearsexperienceascomputeroperator.U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
- Demonstrable experience with USAF command, control, and communications hardware
- Demonstrable experience interfacing with USAF and/or DoD customers at high levels
- Technical and communications skills to effectively interface with internal and external customers at all levels
- Knowledge of and successful experience with DoD cryptographic equipment and related material handling and use
- Knowledge of and successful experience with troubleshooting computer systems and networks
- Successful experience in a high-visibility, mission-focused environment where systems availability is closely monitored and prioritized
- Compliance with DoD 8570 IAT II requirements (e.g. a current Security+ CE certificate)
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.