What’s YOUR Mission?
Here at Raytheon, we work together as one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Our innovation spans all domains: from land and sea to air, space and cyberspace. We’re inspired by a noble mission that’s shared by Raytheon employees around the globe and an inclusive culture that empowers employees and celebrates their contributions.
Summary of team:
As a part of Supplier Quality, the Incoming Inspection is responsible for evaluating and assessing the quality of the material being delivered to Raytheon by our suppliers.
It is a fast paced and dynamic environment and will ensure all supplied parts meet contractual quality requirements by planning, organizing, and directing the flow of received materials through inspection and disposition.
This role requires daily interaction with other cross- business teams in IDS to maintain and meet organizational goals and objectives. These groups include: technical support, manufacturing/test/design engineering, maintenance, production control, finance and the program management office.
Achieving/exceeding cost, quality, delivery, safety goals and identifying and implementing continuous improvement opportunities using six sigma and lean methodologies are critical performance criteria for this position.
Finally, the position supports deployment of manufacturing operations strategy, control systems, tools and metrics to accurately measure progress, production capacity, quality and staffing issues and develop/implement corrective action plans.
- Minimum of 4 years of related work experience in production/manufacturing or Master's Degree
- Experience utilizing Microsoft Office Tools such as (Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Access)
- Ability to obtain DoD government clearance
- Workforce planning and forecasting
- Employee hiring and training
- Ensuring the enforcement of company policies and procedures
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing
- Ability to lead in a team-based, customer focused, safety conscious manufacturing environment and make decisions with minimal supervision
- Solid People Management Skills - Goal setting, Delegation, Coaching, Motivating, conflict management
- Experience utilizing business systems and tools that aid in manufacturing and financial management
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and solid interpersonal skills; uses appropriate levels of energy to create enthusiasm
- Experience with six sigma toolset and continuous improvement methodologies.
- Previous experience supervising bargaining unit / represented employees
- Manufacturing experience in the aerospace/defense industry
- Area layout and flow management
- Capital identification and control of overhead expenses
What We Offer: Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, Raytheon offers a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits Raytheon offers include paternal leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care. Find out why Forbes ranks us among the top 500 of America’s Best Employers by visiting us online at .Stay Connected: Don’t miss out on what’s happening at Raytheon.
- BS in Engineering or other technical degree
Raytheon: “Diversity is at the heart of all we do at Raytheon. We embrace diversity and diverse opinions; we treat people with dignity and respect to support our inclusive culture. This allows us to retain and attract the world-class talent and supplier base we need to develop the innovative solutions our global customers depend on. We view our diversity as a competitive advantage as a key enabler of our growth."- Thomas A. KennedyRaytheon Chairman and Chief Executive Officer
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.