Aerospace Quality Engineer
KBR Government Solutions delivers full life cycle professional and technical solutions that improve operational readiness and drive innovation. Our solutions help ensure mission success on land, air, sea, space and cyberspace for the Department of Defense, intelligence community, NASA and other federal agencies. KBR’s areas of expertise include engineering, logistics, operations, science, program management, mission IT and cybersecurity.
Our people make the world a more productive, efficient and fascinating place. And that’s only the beginning.
Aerospace Quality Engineer
In this position, you will serve as the engineer for AS9102 First-Article Inspections (FAIs). You will manage assign, track, and manage assignments in Clearwater. You will be required to work directly with the customer and KBR to meet quality standards and schedule expectations.
Responsibilities include :
- Reviews and conducts First Article Inspections (FAIs).
- Provide onsite and remote support at Customer/Supplier sites.
- Assign, track, and manage First-Article Inspection assignments of the KBR team.
- Coordinate with customers to determine schedule, requirements, and specific needs for projects and inspections.
- Ability to use AS9102 FAI generating software
- Provide estimates, quotes, and feedback to customers during the proposal process.
- Conducts tests, inspections, audits and validations to ensure process compliance with contract, KBR and customer requirements and specifications for design, engineering, products, equipment, maintenance and services.
- Conducts source inspections, evaluations and/or surveillance of vendors, suppliers and subcontractors.
- Knowledge and ability to use inspection tools, measuring and test equipment.
- Conducts sampling inspections in accordance with approved plans and procedures.
- Supports and actively participates in root-cause-analysis.
- Conducts follow-up audits to review the effectiveness of implemented corrective actions.
- Collects and uses statistical data for the monitoring and evaluation of trends.
- Maintain and update QMS documents and quality contents as needed.
- Provides training and tutoring to other engineering personnel, suppliers, and contract personnel in First-Article Inspection, Six Sigma techniques, Manufacturing Process Control, variation reduction, etc.
- Provide technical leadership to coordinate implementation of advanced quality processes including statistically based variation reduction, control planning, mistake proofing, and Manufacturing Process Control
- Prepare and present metrics associated with quality trends and related improvements within the customer base. Prepare progress reports, program reviews as needed, to assure the highest quality and cost effectiveness.
- Provides activity and status reports to management.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Success Factors :
- Self?motivated and able to get results with minimal supervision and oversight
- Excellent organizational and project management skills and ability to work on multiple projects in parallel.
- Hands?on experience with quality assurance processes including, but not limited to, inspection of hardware and paperwork, First Article Inspection Reports (FAIR), product and process audits, FAA audits, direct ship audits, and special process audits
- Fostering Teamwork & Diversity: high level of interpersonal skills is required to handle difficult situations as well as to diffuse interpersonal conflict effectively.
Qualifications : Specific contract requirements regarding education and experience will prevail.
- U.S. Citizenship Status required due to client requirement.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, materials, supply chain, management, business or technical discipline or equivalent experience.
- 2 years of experience in manufacturing/assembly operations, quality, engineering (design or manufacturing), and materials/procurement; preferably in aerospace electronics; these areas may be replaced by related military experience.
- Demonstrated self-starter & the ability to perform with minimal supervision
- Experience in leading teams focused on problem solving and improvements
- Good communication skills both written and oral with the ability to provide a clear vision of the strategy and processes for key stakeholders
- High level of analytical ability to identify and evaluate appropriate courses of action for definition and resolution of complex problems.
- Ability to assess and analyze risk on a day to day basis.
Additional Skills/Education/Attributes :
- Proven track record of working closely with suppliers preferred.
- Certified Green Belt or equivalent; Lean Expert or Black Belt preferred
- Experience with Automotive or Aerospace products preferred
- Additional experience or training in RCCA, Process Mapping, FMEAs and Control Plans or APQP/PPAP preferred
- Experience using Six Sigma Plus tools preferred.
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
KBR is a global provider of differentiated professional services and technologies across the asset and program lifecycle within the Government Solutions and Energy sectors. KBR employs approximately 38,000 people worldwide (including our joint ventures), with customers in more than 80 countries, and operations in 40 countries, across three synergistic global businesses:
Government Solutions , serving government customers globally, including capabilities that cover the full lifecycle of defense, space, aviation and other government programs and missions from research and development, through systems engineering, test and evaluation, program management, to operations, maintenance, and field logistics
Technology Solutions , featuring proprietary technology, equipment, catalysts, digital solutions and related technical services for the monetization of hydrocarbons, including refining, petrochemicals, ammonia and specialty chemicals, as well as inorganics
Energy Solutions , including onshore oil and gas; LNG (liquefaction and regasification)/GTL; oil refining; petrochemicals; chemicals; fertilizers; differentiated EPC; maintenance services (Brown & Root Industrial Services); offshore oil and gas (shallow-water, deep-water, subsea); floating solutions (FPU, FPSO, FLNG & FSRU); program management and consulting services
KBR is proud to work with its customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, integrated EPC delivery and long term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR, We Deliver .