Kellogg Brown & Root (www.kbrjobs.com)
Software Quality Engineer
The Software Quality Engineer (QE) provides Software Quality Engineering (SQE) support to all aspects of hardware and software fabrication, inspection and testing, and ensuring compliance with established requirements. The candidate will be a team member of the KBR SRM&QA organization, and will assist Engineering in activities such as: process and product assessments, software integration testing, peer and quality control inspections and ensuring compliance to policies, procedures, standards and requirements. The candidate will be expected to work under limited administrative and technical supervision.
• Document non compliances and present results to appropriate project management, boards and panels for review and disposition.
• Identification of software quality inspections on all flight software quality work authorization documents (WADs).
• Witness software product verification and validation activities and procedures including system level, for adherence to documented testing procedures and criteria.
• Perform software quality process and product assessments, documenting any findings and reporting results.
• Perform quality audits and assessments to ensure compliance with customer, company, and regulatory requirements in support of CMMI (Capability Maturity Model Integration), AS9100 and the Quality Management System (QMS).
• Identify opportunities for software process improvements and alternative solutions.
• Support Engineering in the evaluation of all software deliverable products to the customer to ensure the reliability, testability, maintainability, and accuracy of those products.
• Maintain quality system processes and procedures to ensure compliance to all software standards or requirements.
• Participate in project milestone reviews, including System Requirements Review (SRR), Preliminary Design Review (PDR), Critical Design Review (CDR), System Design Review (SDR), and System Acceptance Review (SAR).
• Perform assessments on software-related project documents, including Software Classification Assessments/Safety Criticality Determination Assessments (SCA/SCD) Software Development Plan (SDP), Software Management Plan (SMP), Version Description Document (VDD), Software Requirement Specifications (SRS), Software Detailed Design (SDD), Software Test Plans/Procedures (STP), software related Verification and Validation document (V&VD) and software related Acceptance Data Package (ADP).
• Perform other duties as assigned by Management.
REQUIRED: Bachelor’s degree in a related field plus a minimum of 2 years of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) related professional experience.
DESIRED: Bachelor’s degree in STEM discipline (Software QA or QA field a plus).
Excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to function well in a Team environment.
Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively with project managers, project leads, customers, and with contract colleagues is essential.
Ability to attain and maintain respect and confidence of the customer and contract personnel. A close, cooperative customer interface is essential.
Mature, professional judgment in establishing objectives, milestones and priorities.
Reliable and dependable work habits and the dedication to complete work on-time, on budget.
Ability to translate concepts across multiple disciplines.
Proficient use in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Knowledge of quality assurance and engineering concepts and tools.
ASQ Certified Software Quality Engineer or equivalent demonstrated proficiency with product/systems reliability and maintainability as outlined in the ASQ CSQE Body of Knowledge (BOK).
Experience working in a CMMI Maturity Level 3 software or systems engineering organization.
Experience working in an aerospace environment.
Experience or knowledge with software engineering, software development, and software processes.
Prior experience with the NASA flight hardware development process.
Experience with data visualization tools and scripting languages.
In compliance with the U.S. federal government’s vaccine mandate, only candidates who will be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by December 8, 2021 or who have a reasonable accommodation or approved medical exception will be considered for this position.
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
KBR — Delivering Solutions, Changing the World.
KBR brings together the best and brightest to deliver science, technology and engineering solutions that help governments and companies around the world accomplish their most critical missions and objectives.
In everything we do, we are guided by our ONE KBR Values:
We have also embedded environmental, social and governance (ESG) principles in every business operation and corporate function. Not only are we committed to operating safely, sustainably and equitably, but we are also committed to using our capabilities and expertise to help our customers accomplish their sustainability goals.
Worldwide, KBR employs a diverse workforce approximately 29,000 people strong, with customers in more than 80 countries and operations in 40 countries.
At KBR, We Deliver.
Fraud has infiltrated the job placement market via the internet, email and direct phone contact. Attempts have included unauthorized use of KBR’s name and logo to solicit potential job seekers or to extend false job offers. Bad actors may mix in fake job advertisements with legitimate postings. These ads can include contact instructions and require job seekers to send sensitive personal information or money to pay for visa applications, processing fees, etc., in exchange for consideration for a high-paying position.
KBR will never ask for any sort of advance payment as part of the recruiting/hiring process. Candidate profiles are carefully managed to protect personal information.