Manages the planning, development, and implementation of procedures for the testing and evaluation of standard and special devices/tools for all phases of product engineering/development
The following information is applicable to Colorado only, in accordance with the Colorado Pay Equity Act. In Colorado, an employee in this position can expect a salary/hourly rate between $98,900 and $128,500 plus bonus pursuant to the terms of any bonus plan, if applicable will depend on experience, seniority, geographic location, and other factors permitted by law. To review benefits, please click here . Walgreens will provide applicants in other states with information related to the positions, to the extent required by state or local law, by calling 1-866-967-5492.An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans
- Manages the planning, development, and implementation of procedures for the testing and evaluation of standard and special devices for all phases of product development
- Specifies tests to be performed, compiles data, and makes recommendations for changes required in testing equipment procedures, manufacturing processes, new testing requirements
- Selects, develops, and evaluates Team Members to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
- Performs as subject matter advisor and may serve as point of escalation and become actively involved, as required, to meet schedules and resolve problems highly complex in nature.
- Manages issues proactively, including timely resolution and the identification of remediation opportunities. Identifies and resolve systemic issues to prevent them from repeating.
- Understands short and long-term goals and objectives and recommend technical solutions and services. Maintains organization's effectiveness and efficiency by defining, delivering, and supporting strategic plans for implementing information technologies.
- May develop budget for functional area. Manages budget to plan. May be accountable for area budget and delivering against business goals/objectives.
- Participates in and contributes to the development of technical/business approaches and/or the recommendation of current system enhancements.
- Understands the underlying technologies and applications utilized within specified area of responsibility to direct how to design, develop, test, and implement priority technology requirements.
- Shares information cross-functionally to improve workflow processes. Interacts with direct reports and peers in management / customers / vendors to share information and improve cross-departmental processes.
- Stays abreast of industry leading best practices and brings them to the attention of the leadership team for innovative application. May develop partnerships (and relationships) with internal and external stakeholders to meet business needs.
- Allocates available resources to meet operating objectives. Develops and mentors staff through on-boarding, open communication, training and development opportunities and performance management processes; builds and maintains employee morale and motivation; ensures the team is appropriately staffed with required competencies; fosters a diverse and inclusive workplace.
About Walgreens Boots Alliance
Walgreens Boots Alliance (Nasdaq: WBA) is a global leader in retail pharmacy, impacting millions of lives every day through dispensing medicines, and providing accessible, high-quality care. With more than 170 years of trusted healthcare heritage and innovation in community pharmacy, the company is meeting customers’ and patients’ needs through its convenient retail locations, digital platforms and health and beauty products.
Including equity method investments, WBA has a presence in more than 25 countries, employs more than 450,000 people and has more than 21,000 stores.
WBA’s purpose is to help people across the world lead healthier and happier lives. The company is proud of its contributions to healthy communities, a healthy planet, an inclusive workplace and a sustainable marketplace. WBA is a participant of the United Nations Global Compact and adheres to its principles-based approach to responsible business.
WBA is included in FORTUNE’s 2021 list of the World’s Most Admired Companies*. This is the 28th consecutive year that WBA or its predecessor company, Walgreen Co., has been named to the list.
More company information is available at . Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 4 years of experience in IT quality engineering, quality assurance and/or performance testing OR High School/GED and at least 7 years of experience in IT quality engineering, quality assurance and/or performance testing
- Experience establishing & maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Experience identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- Automation Experience
- At least 2 years of experience contributing to financial decisions in the workplace.
- At least 2 years of direct leadership, indirect leadership and/or cross-functional team leadership.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).