Full Time Employee
Business Analyst (Job Number:422000)
The position is for an experienced, motivated and customer-oriented individual to provide Business Analyst support at the USDA in Kansas City, MO. The role is to plan, design and deploy efficient systems to support information technology processes and solutions. This includes gathering and analyzing data and documenting business processes and requirements. The role is also responsible for investigating IT issues and generating and compiling reports based on the findings, complete with probable causes and possible solutions to systems issues. The individual will apply proven communication, analytical and problem-solving skills to help maximize the benefits of IT systems development and act as a liaison between program manager, product owner, customers and technical staff to define requirements and business cases for technology developments.
- Seek out, understand and prioritize business issues, problems and opportunities; take action that is consistent with available facts, constraints and probable consequences.
- Work with the business to identify areas where enhanced or new IT solutions can better enable business processes or drive business efficiencies or reduce cost.
- Evaluate customer processes, issues and needs to facilitate the definition of technical system requirements.
- Conduct and participate in multidisciplinary research and collaborates with technical staff and customers in the design, development and testing of information system solutions.
- Facilitate sessions, document requirements and business process flow; review with business users and finalize documentation.
- Draft systems design proposals and systems models, specifications, diagrams and charges to provide direction to developer and quality assurance staff.
- Works effectively with cross- functional teams across the business and IT.
- Will participate in software development scrum teams to ensure software meets customer requirements.
- May plan, coordinate and execute unit, integration and acceptance testing to ensure systems meet the business requirements.
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary personnel, including center management, cross-functional process members, and line organizations to determine customers’ needs, provide training and ensure customer proficiency in newly implemented tools and applications.
- Requires Bachelor’s degree or equivalent relevant experience (4 years).
- Proven experience with business and technical requirements analysis and business process modeling/mapping.
- Software development experience preferably in web based products using web technologies.
- Experience working on a large applications team in a team environment and in a mid to large organization similar to USDA Risk Management Agency that have complex processes and systems.
- Experience using MS Office suite including diagramming using MS Visio.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills and customer service skills.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust (Moderate Risk) security clearance.
- Ability to complete a drug screening.
- Knowledge and experience with implementation of the full software development life cycle using iterative or agile methods.
- Experience in business requirements gathering, functional design, system testing, user acceptance testing, user training, change management and systems integration/deployment.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment while pursuing individual tasks in a self-directed manner.
- Ability to model current- and target- state process flows in support of process re- engineering or systems integrations.
- Excellent communications skills that demonstrate and ability to develop and present ideas and results in oral and written format.
- Proven experience with agile product management with SCRUM.
- Experience leading groups or initiatives and facilitating team member’s work.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 13, 2016, 8:27:29 AM
Primary Location: United States-MO-KANSAS CITY
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: