Rockwell Collins (www.rockwellcollins.com)
Full Time Employee
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that was named as the 2016 America’s Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Senior Engineering Project Assistant to join our team in Columbia, MD. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It’s an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
• Edits format of software/hardware documentation. Interfaces with technicians, engineers and engineering managers to create/edit documentation. Verifies change requests are in the proper state and implement into documentation. Performs data conversion using various application media for software development or project file maintenance.
• Perform as primary focal point, coordinating, tracking and reporting status for inquiries and problem resolution during the pre-release, release, and revision of development/product related documentation.
• Prepares and tracks third-party communications. Organizes, audits, and archives required project documentation.
• Coordinates the set-up of project/program meetings. Makes changes to and maintains department and project/program websites.
• Orders and coordinates the delivery of piece parts and LRUs.
• Coordinate on-time movement of engineering development equipment between all RC plants, Service Centers, and to our customers
• Collaborate with master data workflow, order administration and subcontracts to deliver engineering orders through SAP
• Builds productive working relationships internally and occasionally externally. Contacts involve obtaining or providing information or data requiring some explanation or interpretation.
• Generally works on moderately difficult assignments which are given in terms of objectives to be accomplished and priorities to be followed. Requires judgment in resolving issues or in making recommendations.
• Normally receives little instruction on routine work, general instruction on new projects or assignments. Work is reviewed for soundness of judgment and overall adequacy and accuracy.
• Top Secret security clearance desired, but not required
• High School Diploma or equivalency
• Experience compiling metrics in Excel
• Experience with formatting Word documents & proofreading
• Utilized critical thinking skills to independently and proactively lead a program or team
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that’s just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
? Medical, dental, and vision insurance
? Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
? Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
? Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
? An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
? Tuition reimbursement
? And more
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
**Job:** **Engineering Support*
**Organization:** **EIT Engineering Project Support*
**Title:** *Senior Engineering Project Assistant*
**Requisition ID:** *ENG000000PL*
To apply for this job, contact: