General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
The Global Solutions Division of GDIT is hiring a Billing Supervisor to work out of our Falls Church, VA office.
As the Billing Supervisor you will oversee and direct the work of assigned Billing Accountants. Providing guidance and work leadership in support of Government and Commercial contracts. You will support, maintain and help determine the appropriate course of action on complex issues. As necessary, understand the basic contract document and collaborate with Billing Management, Business unit finance analyst, Contracts team, and other key division contacts to devise a project structure that considers billing requirements. Continually assess and report ongoing issues to identify areas for potential improvement. As required, participate in initiatives to improve processes. (i.e. Setup meetings, Accounting system testing, and/or other working groups)
1- Primary responsibility is to assign projects to the staff ensuring that the necessary billing validation steps, invoicing requirements and practices are in accordance with the contract and GDIT policies and procedures.
2. Review billing/audit packages, customer invoices and applicable financial records submitted by subordinate staff responsible for the day-to-day operations for accuracy and timely submissions.
3. Performs routine review of assigned workload to balance assignments among staff.
4. Training, mentoring and development, including cross training of staff to reduce stand alone processes.
5. Participate in monthly AR dashboard meetings reviewing receivable balances (both billed and unbilled) providing clear and concise explanations.
6. Maintains current knowledge of relevant accounting regulations, policies, and procedures.
7. Participates in audits and special projects as required.
Typically requires 5-8 years of related billing experience, preferably in the government contracting industry.
Team player with strong verbal and written communication skills are required.
Strong Excel skills preferred (Experience creating and maintaining pivot tables and v-lookups)
Comprehensive knowledge of the principles, methods, and procedures used in the billing accounting functions.
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or a related business discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training, or work experience.