This position is for a shift lead RF Engineer that will be responsible for calibrating, integrating, analyzing, and doing production acceptance testing of RF sensor subsystems within a larger system assembly using NSI scanners, PNA-Ss, Oscilloscopes, and Laser Trackers. The engineer will maintain existing systems while being a subject matter expert for new production RF systems being built where various tools use languages such as MatLab, Visual Basic, NSI 2000, C #, and Java. The engineer will maintain test procedures and communicate daily with operators, customers, managers, and engineers associated with production test. The lead engineer will be expected to present test data and conclusions to both internal and external customers. Travel will be required to aid in setup of labs in other locations.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in systems engineering
- Ability to grasp concepts quickly and work independently
- Understanding of RF calibration and measurement for components and assemblies
- Hands on experience with Agilent PNA (Performance Network Analyzer) test equipment and associated RF test measurement devices, oscilloscopes and test execution
- MatLab coding experience
- The ability to test, analyze, and troubleshoot software and hardware and develop testing criteria
- Process focused with ability to improve and streamline procedures to minimize test time
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and Power Point skills
- Proven ability to multi task and deliver sound technical results
- Basic knowledge in reading drawings and schematics
- Basic knowledge of fiber optics
- Experience with Visiprise Manufacturing and Product Data Management systems
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven history of successfully working in a team environment
- Ability to interface with persons of multiple disciplines and job functions
- Present and articulate ideas and solutions to the engineering team for incorporation
- Understanding of RF Calibration and Measurement for components and assemblies
- Laser tracker and Nearfield Scan Measurement experience
- Active Top Secret Security Clearance as of day one of employment
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- B.S. in Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, or related discipline
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.