Job Title: Senior Business Analyst (II)
Summary of role
A fantastic opportunity to join Raytheon UK in our brand new Cyber Centre based in Greater Manchester. We develop software using a variety of Agile methodologies and you will be involved fully in the software development lifecycle, working closely with the entire team in a truly Agile environment. Working for Raytheon you will be part of a growing team, working alongside world class partner organisations. Raytheon supports on-going professional development through both formal and on-the-job training to help you further develop your career and develop your management and leadership potential.
Main duties of the position
Primary Objective: To design, develop and maintain mission critical applications and systems as part of an Agile
· Representing the customer by being responsible for managing and owning the Product Backlog
· Elaboration of Epics and Stories, including priority, test and acceptance criteria
· Expressing Backlog items and producing appropriate levels of supporting documentation
· Understand, document and deliver your products vision
· Ensuring the roadmap is well understood and technical dependencies are identified
· Ensuring the development team understands items in the product backlog to the level needed
· Identify and manage business and technical stakeholders
· Plan and execute analysis activities independently
· Support the Lead Business Analyst in coaching and mentoring the BA Practice
• Experienced in Agile/SCRUM/DevOps delivery methods
• Experienced in Requirements Elicitation and Management
• Confident in running stakeholder workshops (for requirements or story elaboration)
• Confident in a range of BA techniques to analyse problems
• Customer Liaison and Communications skills
• Experience of JIRA software development tool
• Experience of Confluence collaboration software
• Experience of Use Case design and modelling.
• Experience of Functional Requirements Elicitation
• Experience of Non Functional Requirements Elicitation
• Experience with Data Modelling and Analysis techniques
• Military or Government project background
• Good interpersonal skills for customer and partner liaison
• Good written and oral communication skills
• Good time management, organisation and prioritisation skills
• An inquisitive mind and a desire to promote innovation
• A desire to learn and constantly expand your horizons
• Ability to work closely with others and lead small teams
• Ability to work under pressure
• High degree of initiative and flexibility
• Willingness to travel if required
Degree in numerate subject or equivalent industry experience essential. Professional qualification in Certified Scrum Product Owner desirable.
We are looking for a senior business analysts, with professional experience. Hands on experience in an Agile delivery team using industry best of breed technology and techniques within a digital focused organisation.
Raytheon Cyber Security
Raytheon has decades of experience in cyber, information operations and information assurance to successfully protect our global customers’ critical infrastructure from the most complex threats. Increasing demand for our capabilities has led us to require the building of a new Innovation Centre to support our government, law enforcement and commercial customers. This will create a broad spectrum of new roles to support our customers in developing solutions for cyber security, research and mission support both technical and non-technical.
We are looking for highly motivated individuals who are looking for something different from their career and who are demanding of themselves and others around them to achieve success. Raytheon's ambition is to provide an environment that is more silicon valley than security and defence. We want to encourage individual innovation and progression that is both exciting and rewarding, avoiding the dull 'beige' of the standard information security companies.
If you are looking for a role and a team that will challenge you to achieve success for our customers then providing you have the skills and the ability to achieve Government clearance we want to hear from you today.