The Surveillance and Targeting Systems (STS) product line of Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) has an opportunity for a contracts professional to join its team at the McKinney, Texas location as a Sr. Contracts Negotiator. This growing product line includes industry leading sensors like the Multi-spectral Targeting System (MTS) and Advanced Targeting Forward Looking Infrared (ATFLIR) systems. This opportunity provides exposure to all phases of contract activity from initial RFP/proposal through contract execution and on to contract closure.
- Manage entire contract life cycle (proposal, negotiation, execution, closeout)
- Participate as a fully integrated team member in the front-end strategic assessment of business pursuits, proposal preparation, contract negotiation, contract administration, and customer contact activities to provide for proper contract acquisition and fulfillment in accordance with company policies, legal requirements, and customer specifications.
- Provide support and consultation on contracting issues, including rights, obligations, and means to mitigate contractual/program risks.
- Collaborate with multiple functions as part of an integrated team to negotiate and execute contracts with best value and minimal risk.
- Compile and analyze data, maintain historical information, prepare reports, track contract milestones and deliverables, and perform other duties as required to ensure contract compliance.
- Ensure transparency of highlights, issues, and concerns for internal stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain strong internal and external customer relationships to drive results.
- Travel may be required.
- 6 years related experience with commercial and/or defense contract management.
- Familiarity with U.S. Government acquisition and related regulations, e.g. FAR, DFARS.
- Strong desire to learn, take on challenges and achieve stretch goals.
- Willingness to take on additional responsibilities as required.
- Self-starter and team player with the ability to work with minimal management oversight.
- High level of critical/analytical thinking skills and sound business judgement.
- Strong understanding of the financial aspects of contracts and other business arrangements.
- Strong negotiation skills with an ability to lead and define effective negotiation strategies.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with an ability to effectively collaborate and coordinate.
- Strong organizational skills to effectively prioritize and manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
Bachelor’s degree required, preferable in Business, Finance, Supply Chain, or related field
Coursework, certificate programs, industry certifications, or degree programs in contracts management strongly preferred
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.