General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
**Position requires an in-scope TS/SCI clearance and polygraph.**
Performs a variety of general administrative tasks in support of the day-to-day operations of an office, group or customer.
*High Priority Role* Serve as the office manager/admin POC for 70+ staff/contractors in a growing office. The AA will also be supporting 3 Managers in a Front Office environment to include calendar management and meeting coordination. In this role, the AA is the focal point for all administrative activities within the office. Maintain office phone lists, org. charts, etc. Compile draft versions of office weekly highlights and forward them to office Chief for final review and release. Generate and/or edits office memos (electronic or hard-copy), or other ad hoc correspondences for release. Solicit input from various Business Area personnel, place supply orders, distribute/store supplies in an organized manner. Responsible for arranging and overseeing the repair, installation, move, and/or removal of office equipment and furniture.
2. Compiles and analyzes various contract, program, and financial data using various database programs, and prepares monthly status reports based on the results.
3. Collects and inputs timesheet information into automated accounting system and processes labor corrections.
4. Processes purchasing requisitions, invoices for consultants and subcontractors, and travel and expense reports.
5. Serves as point of contact for the office or group on issues related to accounting, human resources, purchasing, and other departments, as well as external contacts such as customers, vendors, and subcontractors.
6. Provides work leadership to less experienced clerical and administrative personnel, and may have limited supervisory responsibilities.
7. Participates in special projects as required.
5-8 years of related administrative experience.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Associates Degree in a related business discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training, or work experience.