Information Assurance/Security Engineer Technical Specialist (Job Number:427223)
Information Assurance/Security Engineer Technical Specialist The individual selected for this position will advise the Sponsor on how to design, create, maintain and modify an Internet Protocol network?s hardware, software, and virtualized components. This includes generating ICD 503 compliant documentation and ensuring compliance with security requirements. This requires a working understanding of the latest networking protocols, server technologies, application technologies, and security vulnerabilities. This also includes advising and assisting with security network accreditations, organizing and maintaining awareness of both physical and logical placement of network nodes, and translating network technology requirements into usable solutions. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Providing technical and programmatic Information Assurance Services to internal and external customers in support of network and Information security systems.
- Designing, developing and implementing security requirements within an organization?s business processes.
- Preparing Security Test and Evaluation plans.
- Providing certification and accreditation support in the development of security and contingency plans and conducts complex risk and vulnerability assessments.
- Provide Information Assurance support for the development and implementation of security architectures to meet new and evolving security requirements.
- Evaluate, develop and enhance security requirements, Policy and tools.
- Provide assistance in computer incident investigations.
- Perform vulnerability assessments including development of risk mitigation strategies.
- Clearance Level Required: TS/SCI with Poly
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required for successful performance of the activities associated with this position:
- 14+ years of professional and relevant experience and a bachelor's degree is required
- Demonstrated ability to determine work requirements and perform work without supervision
- Demonstrated capability to lead a team ranging from entry through senior level SE and/or SME to accomplish a technical function being supported
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office Tool Suite
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise Information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in Mclean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Apr 28, 2017, 4:00:00 AM
Primary Location: United States-VA-CHANTILLY
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job