Job ID: 486050BR
Date posted: Jun. 11, 2019
Description:We’re looking for our next Proposal Manager to join our Campaign Strategy & Proposal Operations teams, so if the idea of working for Lockheed Martin Space Systems Company where our renowned history and unmatched expertise sound like the right combination to back your career growth, please read on!
This position provides the opportunity for an experienced TS/SCI clearable Proposal Manager to join a team driven by strategic partnerships, deadlines and wins. When our Capture team identifies a qualified new business path, our Proposal Manager takes over in partnership with the Capture Manager to bring home the formal win which means you are a key, and visible, player in LM Space's future and space exploration.
The Proposal Manager is the fulcrum point of translating the capture opportunity into RFP and Award success. We engage with technical and executive experts to deliver the goods and thrive on the idea of exciting new opportunities, pulling it all together by deadline and winning the opportunity for our team.
More specifically, the Proposal Manager:
• Performs proposal planning/scheduling, detailed RFP analysis, leads/conducts proposal kick-offs/training, leads multi-discipline teams and provides guidance to team members.
• Position is primarily responsible for the design, development and delivery of compliant, customer-focused proposals.
• Position may also be involved in value proposition/value delivery development, as well as baseline development.
• Role supports all lines of business within Space for both competitive and follow-on proposals.
• Position also has the opportunity to support proposals as a volume lead. This is a great opportunity for someone with expert level writing skills to work as volume author, readability reviewer, and an overall mentor for authors assigned to proposals.
• Active TS/SCI clearance (US Citizenship required).
Innovative engineering, pioneering science and advanced technology are what make every day at Lockheed Martin Space Systems spectacular. We enjoy a robust package of benefits, on-site campus perks and the opportunities of a global technology leader to back the kind of innovation that has characterized our historic breakthroughs.
Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
- Paid time off
- Work/life balance
- Career development
- Mentorship opportunities
- Rewards & recognition
• Demonstrated ability to make effective decisions, build consensus, and sustain team energy and commitment.
• Demonstrated ability to write and edit text, perform in a role as a readability SME.
• Willing to work varying schedule with high levels of overtime as driven by proposal demands.
• Ability to multi-task
• Current TS/SCI clearance (Top Secret / Special Compartmentalized Information)
• >2 years of experience in leading proposal teams in small to medium dollar proposals
• Demonstrated ability to lead proposal volume teams/authors in developing and delivering superior proposal products with constrained schedules and resources.
• Understand and manage RFP compliance.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS4400 SPACE
Relocation Available: No
Career Area: Business Development
Clearance Level: TS/SCI
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: STANDARD-Mon-Fri/8 hours a day